preloader
Sold out

Animals without Backbones: Vol 1 by Ralph Buchsbaum - Pelican, 1966


Title: Animals without Backbones: Volume One
Author: Ralph Buchsbaum
Publisher: Pelican
Publication Date: 1966
Format: Softcover
Condition: This book is in good condition for its age other than some minor signs of wear, creases, name inscription and tanned pages.

FREE ON ALL ORDERS OVER £30

United Kingdom          £2.75       3 - 5 days

Next day delivery Monday-Friday        £6.95

FREE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY ON ALL ORDERS OVER £30

USA and Europe         £3.75      14 - 21 days

Rest of World              £4.75       14 - 28  days

Free express worldwide deliverycontact us here

In the unusual event that you are not entirely satisfied with your book you have 30 days to request a full return/refund (incl. return shipping costs). After which time we unfortunately won't be able to offer you a refund or exchange. Refunds will be paid on receipt of the returned item.

There are certain situations where a partial refund may be more satisfactory/appropriate. In this case you will not need to return the item, but instead simply email a photograph of the product plus an explanation of your request. For additional information about refunds and returns, please see our full policy here.

United Kingdom £2.96 2 - 4 days

USA                           £8.00       5 - 10  days

Europe                     £5.10      5 - 8  days

Rest of World          £10.95       5 - 14  days

DELIVERY CHARGES WILL APPLY ON ALL INTERNATIONAL ORDERS
Please note: If you see a delivery charge of 0.00 when buying collections of books, this is because an accurate postage amount needs to be charged based on your location which varies greatly for each country with a product of this size. We will contact you via email for the delivery charge if you have paid for this item and have not paid any shipping. Unfortunately we cannot offer free delivery on book collections due to their size and weight.

In the unusual event that you are not entirely satisfied with your book you have 14 days to request a full return/refund (incl. return shipping costs). After which time we unfortunately won't be able to offer you a refund or exchange. Refunds will be paid on receipt of the returned item.

There are certain situations where a partial refund may be more satisfactory/appropriate. In this case you will not need to return the item, but instead simply email a photograph of the product plus an explanation of your request. For additional information about refunds and returns, please see our full policy here.



Reader's note

This 1966 Pelican book is the first volume of Animals without Backbones by Ralph Buchsbaum. Much has been written to introduce the lay reader to the vertebrates, which have an exaggerated importance in our minds because they are closely related to man - and, like men, they usually manage to make themselves conspicuous. In actual numbers of species they compromise only about 5 percent of the animal kingdom. The two volumes of this book describe in readable style the life and habits of the other 95 percent amoebas (harmless and dysentery-producing kinds), sponges, corals, jellyfishes, all kinds of worms (from the dreaded hookworm to the useful earthworm), starfishes, insects, and a variety of others that pursue their divergent careers without benefit of backbone.